Sunday, October 23, 2005

In the Beginning.....

Most everyone I know has a blog. But it wasn't until a Sunday School teacher today said he thought everyone should bolg that I thought seriously about starting one myself. I love the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that His Word is infallible. I believe the truth of 2 Peter1:3: "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." Lady_wisdom is not what I am, but what I hope to become.

"Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes." (Psalm 119:98,99) I believe all truth can be found in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. Truth that is powerful and life changing. I believe wisdom is knowing God's created order and living according to it. All struggle stems from living outside that truth (well, to be honest, sometimes it is a struggle to live inside that truth too!). So, this is where I will share my struggles and triumphs under the sun. And hopefully, in the process, will become more and more lady_wisdom.

I don't claim to be a woman of writing skills like my friend David http://whateverisnew.blogspot.com/. But everything I say will be honest. I wrestle with trying to sort through what is God ordained rather than man ordained more than just about anything else in this world. I long for understanding....how do I live under the sun in a way that is God honoring and yet shows the freedom we have in Christ Jesus? I look forward to the future communications and friendships! To God be the glory!

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

well, look what God hath wrought!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Sarah Retzloff said...

Hello! Thanks for the blogging comment! Glad you like the pictures! Blogs are fun aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home