Sunday, January 08, 2006

Comfort Food With a Flair

Well, this next week will be cooking crazy. I am barely able to navigate a path through my kitchen for all the supplies standing their ground. So, before I dive into the 10 events over four days I will update. The girls have gone back to school to face an even more grueling quarter. It's a good thing they love school. I am so proud of them both. I hope Katie somehow gets help hauling her 200 pounds of luggage off the train (seriously, I am not exagerating here). And thankfully Liz arrived safely at UCLA after driving a mere 80 miles per hour (where does she get her love of speed????).

So with them safely (?) off, I now need to focus on cooking, lots of it. I have realized the reason I love catering is because it is a legal adreneline rush. But I really do love cooking. I have decided that "comfort food with a flair" is my schtick. As I approach 50 this year, I don't ever want to grow stagnant. I love discovering new ways of dishing out comfort. I love to cook, I love to serve people, and get paid for doing what I love.

And I think I might have found the area for my bed and breakfast. The Amador, Oroville area. Anyone know some acreage and vines that are crying out for a new life? All I ask is that the land wants to give of it's fruitfulness, it be a place where spirits can be renewed, and much love and laughter can dwell there. Oh, and it comes cheap! I have a dream.......

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

you have a dream - that is so important. make sure to have a room for visiting writers.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

Liz, at 80 mph was probably being pushed up the 405 by a Hummer or a Navigator. Im glad she got back to school safe- its a jungle in here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home